JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to manage and maintain complex integrated systems with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations, applicable electrical, mechanical, structural and civil engineering methods helpful.
- Practical knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction techniques helpful.
- Maintenance and repair of all technical equipment in studio and transmitter facilities/towers, satellite downlink and microwave transmission systems. RF engineering knowledge a plus.
- Design and construction of new engineering projects as directed by Corporate Engineering and project management.
- Development, preparation, timely submission for approval and implementation of capital budges/projects.
- Assist Regional Director of Engineering in development, preparation and implementation of operating budget and control of operating expenditures.
- Preparation and timely delivery of required status information and reports.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose and handle the tools necessary to repair studio/post production equipment.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to question from managers, clients, customers and general public.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Apple computers, OSX and related software
- Must have solid working knowledge of PC’s, networks, routers, MS operating systems and application software such as Work and Excel.
- Candidates must have 3+ years experience maintaining modern broadcast equipment.
- FCC license or SBE certification a plus.
- Must have strong maintenance, organizational, computer and people skills.
- Must be able to travel, bend, lift and carry up to a maximum of 70 pounds, climb on step-stools, ladders and other necessary equipment.